lichess.org
Donate

Regium: Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence

@GrayTimes While you are absolutely correct and we will not be able to shut him down everywhere, it is just a matter of time until his scam proves to be less profitable than even the cost of maintaining that website. I mean he is now known as a scammer and no project of his is going to go unchecked.
"
"The matter of the team is not worth mentioning, some people began to say all kinds of things, such as that the CTO was not an engineer, that it was not from MENSA, that the team had no members," the REGIUM team told Motherboard in an email. "It was even cause for speculation that the photos had the standard size 1024x1024, all kinds of theories about the board and team members were said... we already know how the internet is for the conspiracy, they said really delirious things. The team is composed of people with family and with projects in very serious companies, but after these attacks so wild, they are afraid that it has an impact on their professional life, that is the reason that we have decided to remove their data from the web."
"

That's Regium official response to the "your team does not exists" allegations from www.vice.com/en_us/article/7kzdxb/chess-world-accuses-company-of-inventing-fake-employees-using-online-human-generator

I wonder how can anybody lie like that. Does he have no respect for people?
Is that MENSA guy really so out of touch with reality?

From the Vice article:

"Some of the skeptics "asked us for a video recorded with a mobile phone to prove that it was not stop motion or CGI. We did it and we sent it to him," REGIUM said in an email. "Anyone can see that stop motion or CGI is absolutely impossible in this video."

What video are they referring to?
My guess is that the new crowdfunding campaign that the Regium site says will happen will be very short. We all know that Regium made $50k or so in a day, but the length of the campaign gave Kickstarter time to investigate and pull it.

My guess is that they’ll leave time for more people to see it and sign up to the newsletter and then have a 1-3 day campaign and take the money - a smash and grab if you like. We’ll have to be like ninjas...
Hopefully, @AcademicNinja99, but the internet’s a big place and they still had thousands of dollars’ worth of backers at the end who presumably weren’t all aware it was a scam.
It reminds me of a saying on a urinal wall
He who writes on this wall rolls stuff in little balls
He who reads those words eats those balls
Bon Appetite
@Chris1976 Not quite 50 k in a day. You see, most of the cash is very likely his own and he did that to "kickstart his kickstarter". An attempt to try and give his project legitimacy, in hopes of cashing out with money that was given when he already reached his goal.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.