lichess.org
Donate

What is your Chess Resolution for 2023

Please state your chess resolution for 2023 and tell us why if you want.

Please don't criticise me for wanting to know what your chess plans and goals are for 2023, I'm just interested in chess people in general but you are not compelled to respond, so don't be nasty, or insult me, or get snarky and clever. Thanks in advance.
Buy the strongest chess entity on earth. A DGT Pi running SF18 lol

Marry a WGM

Get some respect on the Lichess Forum

Get @thibault to thank me for inventing Chess Master Cube which in turn led to Puzzle Rush and to Puzzle Storm

Get a retweet off of Magnus Carlsen

Learn to avoid the Knight + Bishop endgame and still win the game.

Buy a chess book and actually read it.
To get better at chess in a noticeable way. I don’t want to throw some random rating out there as an aspiration, but just overall improvement.
Stick to my Chess training goals. Process > Outcomes.

Weekly:
3 Rapid / Classical Games (15+10 & above)
5 Book Puzzles (Currently on 1001 Chess Exercises for Club Players by Frank Erwich)
1x Rapid / Classical Game Analyzed
1x Chapter from Strategy Books (Currently on Herman Grooten's Chess Strategy for Club Players)
2x Games from Endgame Book (From Jesus De La Villa's book)

1x OTB Tournament every 2 Months
1x Online Tournament every 6 Weeks

---

All else (Chess videos, Blitz, etc.) is after I complete my weekly goals. I have signed up with a new coach this year & hope to make meaningful progress with a disciplined schedule.
I'd like to play in at least 1 long game OTB tournament. (Since returning the best I've done has been game in 30 format.) Then I'll have an idea where I'm at play wise.
I'd like to have more chances to play NMs and higher OTB in any format.
After that my plans are to slow the decline.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.