lichess.org
Donate

I have been playing chees for 2 years and a half and already at 2100 can I become a GM?

Why hasn't an administrator deleted this ridiculous thread? This is trolling at its finest/cringiest (depending on your point of view, mine being the latter). (*I won't lie, I did get a laugh out of some of the responses, but this thread is ridiculous.)
Why do people call troll rather than answering the seriousness of it. Can I become a GM and how much work would it require?
Well, two years for 2100 is good. Another two years and with 4200 GM is easygoing.

Serious: with 10 years it's possible, older than 20 years no chance. It's like a 17 year old hobby soccer player who wanna play 1st team in Barcelona. Theoretically it's possible, practically...

In most forums this a one of the top trolling issues. One asks and contradicts the rest of the world.
(See also #11)

It is doable for everybody to get the GM title in ten years. I would guess the amount of work is comparable with getting ten doctor titles.

The first step is to join a chessclub.

#43 "Serious: with 10 years it's possible, older than 20 years no chance. It's like a 17 year old hobby soccer player who wanna play 1st team in Barcelona. Theoretically it's possible, practically..."

CM SargOn, don't forget Akiba Rubinstein learned how the pieces moves first at an age of 16.
#11 The administrators are probably busy being amazed by how long people are able to keep threads like this going.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.