lichess.org
Donate

Fat Fritz 2 is a rip-off

And you think we are that dumb with YouTube vids and one WHOLE lichess article about your stupid "fraud" behavior.
#322 posted a brand new post by Albert Silver 🔥🔥🔥 you can tell he's well aware of all the specific points people have complained about because he addresses them one by one (in a very sneaky, "oh by the way" fashion)

but most strikingly, he reports new "independent" tests of FF2 vs (supposedly) Stockfish 13 (one of the criticisms--FF2 had been tested against SF12 stable), and FF2 supposedly won!

I just don't buy it. This guy who's not an expert at neither programming nor neural networks came up with a revolutionary architecture for the neural net (that simply doubles the number of neurons in hidden layers?!) that beats Stockfish 13 ?!?!?! I don't buy it.

I just hope people won't fall for this marketing/PR stunt and those blatant lies.
@Patrizsche Even worse is how he twists like SF-devs told him bigger neural nets won't work and are a "dead-end". I remember quite clearly telling people (including Albert) over and over again that it is likely a good approach given the slowdown is quite low for the size increase. I admit that the first attempts were not going well so not everything is a lie. However, his claim that none of them were any good is a blatant lie.

The reality is that there was someone with so much hardware and knowledge about neural net training that he just pushed the default size to where it is today without anybody else being able to catch up regardless the size of the net. Only now others start to get really deep into it and we're closer to get new nets out more often.
#321 I used to feel the same, but i have seen a several demonstrations where lichess's articles or staff are in pure good faith and not even omitting important information which is rare for someone to do yet lichess is always like that. Very respectable. Lichess itself is a very credible source because the members are relatively knowledgeable and it has been relatively proven. Also, they give you external sources.
Judging by the headwind Chessbase is experiencing and by the amount of backpedaling Mr. Silver is now forced to do I'd be surprised if there is ever gonna be a Fat Fritz 3.
Much as I sympathize with Lichess, after all, I'm a supporter and patron, on their stance on this. I find it hard to believe the hypocrisy that I created a free chess puzzle app called Chess Master Cube in 2008 that was commercialized to created Chess.com Puzzle Rush after I sent them a copy for a new chess app competition they were running and Lichess created their own version called Puzzle Storm and their admin @nojoke insulted abused and destroyed my reputation claiming I had lied and not created the original chess puzzle game. This is what we call chess karma. It is sad to see ChessBase sink to this level.

Perhaps it is time that all creatives in chess are respected for their creations and copyright theft is not condoned at any time for anyone.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.