lichess.org
Donate

Fat Fritz 2 is a rip-off

It doesnt matter which top engine we use to like 99.5% of the worlds players. I suppose even stockfish 8 latest version is enough to get enough analysing help even for grandmasters. So who cares?

I like that lichess tries to make things clear with their knowledge against possible abusement to make money.

But lichess,be carefull: what you tell the whole chessworld here needs to be transparent in every detail to everyone, because fundamentally you went on heavy formal offense by making their product bad and displaying them indirectly as faker due to the counter facts you mentioned in the article.
Fat fritz not only violates GPL but also does false advertising.
And it "author" is constantly lying to exaggerate his impact in it development to the point where he claims some stuff discovered by him that were done by other people (like porting NNUE to stockfish).
This is a massive scam violating 3 things at once - GPL licence (net is not publicly published, you can't compile open source of FF2 from github to get FF2 that you but - this is a GPL violationg), german advertising laws (claiming number 1, botting likes to videos, etc), and moral side - making as if you are genius that solo developed everything while you took other people work and other people tools and combined them to make a worse version of what already exists.
Sure, legal measures should be cared, but they are not fast. At this point it's important to spred awarenes, because for example chessbase does heavy marketing of this scam in India, and 100 euro is quite a big money there - a lot of people will get tricked in spending big % of their monthly income on smth that directly is worse than is available for free but is advertised as the best in the world, violating multiple laws.
Thanks for letting us know. For my taste some sources for statements from ChessBase would be good, just for the sake of it.

Otherwise this prevented me from buying another engine from ChessBase, so thanks again for saving me some money.
Fat Fritz Two? More like Cringe Fritz Boo (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

They changed more in copyright and build scripts than in actual engine, LMAO.
If they :
a) release source code openly (including actual NN file and not weakened one as they have now);
b) remove all ridiculous claims (like being new number one and stuff like this);
c) remove all interviews with this silver guy where he directly lies about origins of engine and credits himself for other people work.
It wouldn't violate anything, although morally selling weaker stockfish for 100 euro is kinda meh, but well, it indeed doesn't violate anything.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.