lichess.org
Donate

Regium: Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence

That is awkward. That would put IndieGogo in the position to say.... issue a DMCA takedown on the website. Hmm?
There is still a way to stop this. These guys are using photos of Magnus and other players, even chess products by other companies. You can contact these people and let them know about this fraudulent campaign. They should send Regium a cease and desist letter.

This just shows me these guys are determined to steal a bunch of money regardless of how many times they get embarrassed or called out on their deception
I think at this point it's not possible to stop it without involving police directly.

Still may be possible to reduce the damage if there would be some pressure towards Thrinacia from press, but I'm not sure whether they care (i.e. maybe they would actually be happy to get some advertising that they are convenient platform for scams).
I think thrinacia cannot do anything regarding missuse, at least if they dont have some backdoor/licensing revocation under the sheets. There is no company so i think nobody would trust regium anymore - their 184 backers are simply made up.

I reported it to scamadvisor (they already had the crowdfunding.regium.. subpage active and to the DNS abuse - fake product willing to take money, dns should be taken down.

BTW - this is some chess automation project from old years - based on an electronic chessboard it almost broke Grischuk tooth out, "Robotic Kuka Monster" - www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDGSN8GTKc

It seems difficult to know how we’re going to stop this guy short of some friendly hacker doing a denial of service attack on him or something...

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.