lichess.org
Donate

Double Elimination Knockout Stage (3+2 CWC 2020)

ah @JannLee I am sorry if I didn't schedule the match in time, I probably misunderstood the schedule

according to lichess.org/forum/team-crazyhouse-world-championship/32-crazyhouse-world-championship-2020-registration-tournament-structure-and-prizes?page=1

"After round 3 results:
32 players do not play and remain in group A
32 players win and remain in group B
32 players lose in group B and are eliminated

After round 4 results:
16 players win and remain in group A
16 players lose and move from group A to group B
16 players win and remain in group B
16 players lose in group B and are eliminated"

so my understanding was that my next match with Jasugi99 is considered to be "round 4" and so
"Double elim KO round 4: Players agree match date by 17-May-2020
Double elim KO round 4: Match is played by 24-May-2020"
(lichess.org/forum/team-crazyhouse-world-championship/schedule-for-32-crazyhouse-world-championship-2020)

I assume this might have been a common misunderstanding for other players too
sorry again, I'll schedule as soon as possible
Retweet @the-lone-wolf

Also, @JohnStuckey and I had contact already. He is currently busy with his finals, so we will schedule as soon as he is done with those or has some free time in between.
@the-lone-wolf and @Kleerkast,

Like yourselves, other players have also referenced the original tournament structure example instead of the recent forum post here: lichess.org/forum/team-crazyhouse-world-championship/double-elimination-knockout-stage-32-cwc-2020?page=48#474

I had originally considered that it would make things more confusing by having different schedules for different groups. To maintain rhythm and remain on schedule it also made sense to allow players to continue at the rate of one match each two weeks.

However, it appears I've made an error in judgement, given this has in fact become the cause of confusion among multiple players. So in order to give players the benefit of time, we should now adhere to the example tournament schedule quoted above by @the-lone-wolf. This means players in group A (those that are still undefeated) will have until 24th May to complete their next round. This will not set us behind schedule if players continue to complete matches by the planned dates.

If you're in group A and already played or scheduled your match, then that's great because you're ahead. Players in this group are still welcome to play games well ahead of the scheduled date for completion. I will re-issue the specific match notices for group A so that all players receive a notification with the new completion date of 24th May.

Please note that players in group B (those that have lost one match so far) will still need to complete matches by 10th May to keep in line with the tournament schedule.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.