lichess.org
Donate

Is a 1900 player a good chess player or Not

1900 is very strong for a casual player. Will kick ass.any casual player who does not play regularly online.
<Comment deleted by user>
<Comment deleted by user>
I think you have to consider there is a huge difference in the pool strength between blitz and rapid. Everyone here loves blitz, it's a far more competitive pool and it's quite harder to achieve ratings around the 1900. So from my perspective, 1900 Blitz is a quite decent amateur, he knows what's going on in his own blitz business, maybe in longer time controls fails to apply tactics and tricks. 1900 Rapid, on the other is less impressive but still good, better than most casual players, as someone already said.
@Sacmaniac would not help one bit as people do not read the faq
- am I good ?
- why this draw altough opponent run out time
- what would my Fide rating be
- why are rating inflated vs. xxxx (showing person does not know what inflation means)
- why opponent rating chaged xxx mine on yyy
- how to become GM/titled player
- what is a good chess book for YYYY
All which can soved in matter of seconds by reading faq, searching forum ro googling up

exept 'am I good' where the answer on depends on whom you compare. But actuallla searching forums would answer event that
@harperlewis strange I find blitz to be the easiest and bullet to be the hardest. probably because I can pressure people with the clock much more strategically in 3 minute chess
1900 is a good rating I wish I had a rating like that. Also keep up with the good work.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.