Lichess is the product of volunteer work. Together, we're building the best chess website ever!
Special thanks to ...
thibault for creating and tirelessly maintaining Lichess.
- the cheat detection engine
- the puzzle creator
- the opening trainer generator
- creating 3D piece sets
- moderation work, mockups, communication, and much more
- contributing to the wiki and translations
- writing the translation contexts
- moderation work, communication, testing, and much more
- the Racing Kings variant
- the opening explorer, tablebase server and stockfish.wasm
- fishnet distributed Stockfish computing
- chess game compression
- the invaluable sysadmin expertise
- the monitoring lichess sorely needed
- advanced lag compensation
- move time compression
Big kudos to ...
- All the moderators who spend time keeping the site enjoyable. You rock!
- Everyone contributing to the project on GitHub, regularly or sporadically, bug reporters and reviewers
- psuter for the Swiss tournaments (no longer here since the rewrite of the tournament module, but they graced lichess for years) and other valuable code contributions
- Toadofsky and ubdip for teaching Stockfish how to play chess variants
- MoralIntentions for running a new feature popularity bracket and some incredible feats
- Pirouetti for the new chess piece set and boards
- ChessWhiz for the streams (he was the first and the one to request it), improvements to the coordinate trainer and carefully balancing Horde chess
- AdmiralA for the always epic #DailyPuzzle tweet (no longer doing it, but it was good while it lasted)
- Renaud Bressand for the gorgeous mobile app and website menu designs
- goldilocks, bosspotato, GnarlyGoat, Hellball and others for compiling, reviewing and categorising tons of chess videos for the lichess free video library
- Lemuel_Gulliver and Hellball for the list of tournament names based on notable chess personalities.
- arex for setting up getublockorigin.com and most of the chess content over on /practice
- Freepik from flaticon.com, for some CC BY 3.0 licensed icons
- game-icons.net authors
- all the volunteer translators who help us offer lichess in over 80 languages
- Developers of the Stockfish and Sunsetter chess engines
- Ronald de Man and Bojun Guo, for sharing Syzygy endgame tablebases with the world
- sadsnake1 for the Lichess logo and his piece set and board designs
- IP2Location for providing access to their proxy database
... and all the players!
Please let us know, if we have forgotten you!