lichess is the product of volunteer work. Together, we're building the best chess website ever!
Special thanks go to:
- the cheat detection engine
- the puzzle creator
- the opening trainer generator
- creating 3D piece sets
- moderation work, mockups, communication, and much more
- contributing to the wiki and translations
- writing the translation contexts
- moderation work, communication, testing, and much more
- the invaluable sysadmin expertise
- the monitoring lichess sorely needed
Big kudos to:
- All the moderators who spend time keeping the site enjoyable. You rock!
- psuter for the Swiss tournaments (no longer here since the rewrite of the tournament module, but they graced lichess for years) and other valuable code contributions
- Toadofsky for teaching Stockfish how to play King of the Hill and Three-check chess
- MoralIntentions for running a new feature popularity bracket and some incredible feats
- Pirouetti for the new chess piece set and boards
- ChessWhiz for the streams (he was the first and the one to request it), improvements to the coordinate trainer and carefully balancing Horde chess
- AdmiralA for the always epic #DailyPuzzle tweet (no longer doing it, but it was good while it lasted)
- Renaud Bressand for the gorgeous mobile app and website menu designs
- goldilocks, bosspotato, GnarlyGoat, Hellball and others for compiling, reviewing and categorising tons of chess videos for the lichess free video library
- Lemuel_Gulliver and Hellball for the list of tournament names based on notable chess personalities. arex for adding the links to the Wikipedia pages of the chess players
- some icons made by Freepik from flaticon.com are licensed by CC BY 3.0
- many icons made by game-icons.net authors
- all the volunteer translators who help us offer lichess in over 80 languages.
- Stockfish and Sunsetter chess engines.
Thanks to all players for feeding the database :)
I have forgotten too many people. If you belong to this page, let me know!