lichess.org
Donate

2022 RKWC Announcement & Registrations

Hello everyone,

As promised, we’re kicking off the fourth edition of the Racing Kings World Championship!

The 2022 Racing Kings WC has a match format being a best-of-10 series of 3+2 rated Racing Kings games. Participants will be assigned an opponent based on seeded ratings, and are expected to schedule and play their match before the end of a one-week round. This continues until the last 2 players, who play for the world title and rights to a unique trophy on their profile (as displayed on lichess.org/team/racing-kings-wc).

The format has changed a bit this year. It will be as follows:
- Single-elimination until 32 players
- Double-elimination until 4 players
- 4-player round robin
- 20-point final between the highest 2 players

Other WC’s have the possibility of 2 finals if the last person of the losers bracket wins the first final. This is hard to promote and this year we have more rigorous round robin. Therefore the round robin winner starts with a 2-0 lead in the final.

Before signing up, please read the rules carefully for all the details regarding match negotiations, tournament format, and to check if you’re eligible to participate according to the entry requirements.

You can find the rules here: sites.google.com/view/racingkingswc/2022-rkwc/2022-rules
Registering is the same as last year by sending an intent to participate by private message to @RacingKings, or post in the forum below.
Tournament Directors for 2022 are @Natso and @FS-Schach. Also @seth_7777777 will help with collecting the scores. @RoyalManiac will be retiring as TD this year. Thanks for all the help the past 3 years!

Registrations will be open from this moment on to June 26, 2022, 12:00 UTC.

We’ll leave this topic open for the duration of the registration period, for questions or just to create some hype.
Hype!
It was fun organising the past three editions, thanks for continuing my work y'all <3
Im in I guess, I can not guarantee to be able to schedule during the given time frame due to conflicting events this summer, I will do my best but will notify my opponent if they get a win.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.