lichess.org
Donate

2021 Racing Kings WC announcement & registrations

Hello everyone,

Today is June 1, 2021, and so, as promised, we're kicking off the third edition of the Racing Kings World Championship!

In short, the 2021 Racing Kings WC is a double-elimination tournament with the match format being a best-of-10 series of 3+2 rated Racing Kings games. Participants will be assigned an opponent based on seeded ratings, and are expected to schedule and play their match before the end of a one-week round. This continues until the WC final, in which the last two remaining participants play for the world title and rights to a unique trophy on their profile (as displayed on lichess.org/team/racing-kings-wc, and thank you Lichess for the continued support!).

Before you consider signing up, please read the rules carefully for all the details regarding match negotiations, tournament format, and to check if you're eligible to participate according to the entry requirements.

You can find the rules here: sites.google.com/view/racingkingswc/2021-rkwc/2021-rules
Tournament Directors for 2021 are @RoyalManiac and @Natso.

Registrations will be open from this moment on to June 27, 2021, 12:00 UTC.

The registration process itself differs slightly from the two previous editions. In 2020, we had the support of Lichess moderators to weed out registrants that did not meet all of the entry requirements. However, the Lichess team also needs to focus on complying with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What does this mean? To be ensured of a clean participant list, the Racing Kings WC organisation has agreed to hand over their registration process entirely to Lichess. To register, you can send a private message to @RacingKings and indicate that you'd like to participate in the 2021 RKWC. Lichess moderators will then make sure to filter all registrations by the entry requirements and compile a list of accepted participants, with which the Racing Kings WC will start once registrations close on June 27, 2021.

I'll leave this topic open for the duration of the registration period, to allow discussion and questions related to the 2021 Racing Kings WC - or just to create some hype. Let's see if we can get above 64 registrations this year :-)
I am in but I do not know so can I also participate?
I am in, im real excited for this ^_^.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.