lichess.org
Donate

Double Elimination Knockout Stage (3+2 CWC 2020)

There has been an error in the initial assessment of ratings where @bob_marley_alive was assigned a rating of 1757 and incorrectly seeded to play in the qualifiers. A recalculation of the average of the current rating and best rating for @bob_marley_alive has yielded an average rating of 2117.

Thank you to the members of the community that have pointed this out to me and apologies for this oversight.

I am proposing the following solution, which is not perfect, is the result of a few events that have occurred simultaneously to provide a reasonable fair outcome with minimal change to the overall tournament pairings.

I recently received a private message from @Kielileike, indicating a voluntary withdrawal from the Double Elimination Knockout Stage, prior to playing a first round match.

As this is a relatively similar position that @bob_marley_alive was originally entitled to, my proposal is that @bob_marley_alive replaces @Kielileike in the Double Elimination Knockout Stage.

This would mean the following:
- @bob_marley_alive now proceeds to the Double Elimination Knockout Stage and plays @ilovepie next
- @oops14 now proceeds by default as Qualifier 2 in the Double Elimination Knockout Stage and plays @kingswitcher next

This is an exceptional decision due to an earlier oversight and I hope the community considers this a reasonable move given the circumstances.

i hv to forfeit from this tourney:(
i told my opponent alrdy
sry for the inconvenience

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.