lichess.org
Donate

ACWC 2021 Pairings and Match Results

@b0stja said in #40:
> Ok, thx but the rules are not that specific about my problem.
> I think that in first round some exceptions should be allowed. I really don't want to win a match like that.

You are always free to call it a 5-5 draw. Or else you can claim a win.
@b0stja said in #40:
> Ok, thx but the rules are not that specific about my problem.
> I think that in first round some exceptions should be allowed. I really don't want to win a match like that.

Well, I think the rules are very specific and clear - also for your problem. It's another question whether you like em or not :)
@RexIustus said in #43:
> Well, I think the rules are very specific and clear - also for your problem. It's another question whether you like em or not :)

Ok... You got me ;)
@cFlour said in #41:
> You are always free to call it a 5-5 draw. Or else you can claim a win.

I will not take a draw in this case also. Maybe if I knew the opponent... I prefer to play it out (win, loose or draw).
@b0stja, I'm in the same situation. I believe the procedure is that you choose and announce the match date today. Be ready when the match starts and, if he or she doesn't show up, then rule VI.C applies.
@Agburanar said in #46:
> @b0stja, I'm in the same situation. I believe the procedure is that you choose and announce the match date today. Be ready when the match starts and, if he or she doesn't show up, then rule VI.C applies.

This is a common problem, especially in 1st round. Yes the procedure is correct.
If anyone's opponent has not responded at this point, please message me or @Shiaxou.

If you have not yet chosen a time or offered your opponent THREE time slots to play in, in accordance with the rules, you have until 23:59 UTC tonight to do so. Otherwise you will be considered at fault if the match is not played.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.