lichess.org
Donate

Tactics trainer on this site is a mess above 2200 rating

I have a doubt are there are no quality puzzles above 2200? Why am I getting totally ambiguous useless puzzles above 2200 rating? And it deducts about 20 points for doing one of them wrong while giving just 5-8 points for doing it right. Is it meant to keep the ratings low?
I wouldn’t call the puzzles a mess. They are awesome and many of us appreciate them. I got up to 2300 too and they were pretty interesting. I know what you mean about losing a lot of points but the point win/loss is at least consistent with the rating of the puzzle.
it is frustrating losing points ,but 2200 is far from "keeping the ratings low".
> totally ambiguous useless puzzles above 2200 rating?

example please
Considering you think the puzzles are "ambiguous and useless," I think it's a good thing that you lose 20 points for failing. It puts you back to where your puzzle rating should be.
The tactics trainer should mirror the playing strength (!?); so the OP is completely overrated compared to his playing ratings and wants to get even higher?

Well, in higher spheres there are often no easy solutions so what’s the fuzz about it?
I don't personally see what you mean about useless puzzles. I haven't come across any that have made no sense. I do really struggle with puzzles over 2200 though. Just keep at it.
Usually if you think that a puzzle makes no sense, it means that you didn't understand the position. So it seems that you are just getting puzzles that are above your level.
There are multiple lines in some puzzles that are almost equal. No clear winning line as such. And in some other puzzles, there are multiple winning lines. And in some puzzles the order really doesn't matter. Making many puzzles pretty ambiguous and vague. I suspect that the site doesn't have puzzles rated higher than 2200. Maybe it has much higher rated puzzles, I don't know. But, 2200 seems to be that place where the puzzles are getting pretty vague and pointless.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.