lichess.org
Donate

It´s estimated he has 40,000 times more intelligence than any other person. Carlsen. What the hell!!

I have read this article. It was published one day before Carlsen's 23rd birthday. It's from a Spanish Mediterranean newspaper.
And yeah, the first phrase you've seen in the headline is mentioned.
I have no idea who or how it reaches that conclusion.
Here you can see a 189 IQ. I recently left a post about the coefficient of some players. Some peolple did not agree with my data and I respect it.
Can anyone explain the number 40 thousand? Because I don´t.
I leave the link of the spanish website and the mine of questions´IQ.
And if it is true, we already know it. If we want to become like him. To study and to strive 40 thousand times more :)

http://www.levante-emv.com/vida-y-estilo/gente/personajes/2013/11/29/mozart-tablero-ajedrez/1055812.html

lichess.org/forum/general-chess-discussion/iq-score-of-the-high-chess-players?page=1
You should start researching something more important. Carlsen said he doesn t do IQ tests and chess does not have much to do with intelligence or as Korchnoi put it "I ve met gms who were dumb as a brick". In order to make it in chess you just need exceptional memory and also the dedication to study the game of course, If you have it you will crush the opposition, If you don t then you will have to wait till Google starts making cyborgs.
fpvbmct
I give you 10 millions of dollars if you show is a clickbait.
If you watched (if you looked the link) it and you don´t know spanish not means is a clickbait.
I´m here for learning chess, I´m not fishing, hanting, cheating......
If you are one of those people who download their hate on the webs, you'd better do it in a punching bag (and powers your muscles).
If you suffer from extreme distrust or paranoia do not blame your neighbor, search medical care and not write a word
without evidence,
makes you look ignorant.
Maybe you're rich and you don´t need 10 million dollars......
This is well known. What isn't as commonly known is that you lose half your intelligence when you go from an IM to a GM. I don't want to brag but 80.000 sounds about right.
There's nothing in that article itself about 40,000 times anything. But the sidebar does state that as some unsourced "fact". Which is of course ridiculous. How would that even be measured? How can there be any multiple of something as nebulous as "intelligence"? It makes no sense as anything other than hyperbole.

Intelligence is not quantifiable.

Another "curiosity" from the sidebar: Magnus was seen reading a Donald Duck comic shortly before drawing a game against Kasparov.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.