lichess.org
Donate

Is a 1000+ rating drop over 24 hours a record?

2300 to 1200 in 24 hours. When will my bad luck end? It seemed to start with the stupid timeout loss that was awarded when Lichess decided to update the site during one of my games.
Thanks guys! I will soldier on and hope it gets better. Just hope they don't start updating the site during a game and award me a loss on time.
Nice protest, but probably unfair as well, and you could be throwing away your nice account for sandbagging.

Let's just demand solution, like clocks be frozen during updates, or warnings of incoming updates. The timeouts are really annoying.
"Let's just demand solution, like clocks be frozen during updates, or warnings of incoming updates. The timeouts are really annoying."

Exactly. I cannot agree more - on what planet is it acceptable to update any system without prior warning while users are on it?
... and on the subject of sandbagging.

The whole point of banning sandbagging is that it distorts ratings. I agree with that but how to square that with distorting ratings by awarding timeout losses when system is being updated?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.