lichess.org
Donate

2600 Puzzle Rating

@drmrboss More lile I'm trying to keep people in the conversation so that a forum that may actually lead to something doesn't die out.
agreed with @Sarg0n for the most part. I am 2300 FIDE and have been struggling a bit with these lichess puzzles, they require quite a bit of calculation. ( I could probably get to 2600 easily, but it would take quite some time!!) And look at the OPs profile, something is definitely not right. 88/94 yesterday??, and 22/22 today with a blitz rating of 1700.

Argue all you want, but just saying, it doesn't look like an accurate representation.
well, in @LionelMessi2007 s defense, he has a BLITZ rating of 1700. On puzzles you can take as much time as you want. Maybe he is better in long time periods of thinking.
Ya even for puzzles of ratings lower than mine I still sometimes get wrong I disallowed have to spend at least 15 minutes usually if I want to get them correct if I just rush through likely get them wrong. Hard to imagine someone able to do 94 puzzles get almost all of them correct and only have a 1700 rating
Very often, you have two excellent moves to solve the puzzle, but only one is correct because slightly better.
Unless using a chess engine or really having a high rating, it's not possible to found out the right move.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.