lichess.org
Donate

Single Elimination Knockout Round (3+2 CWC 2020)

Qualifier Match 5 = 119. @crazyrkking (1747) vs 138. @saparmyrat (0)

I have received private messages from both of these players with detailed accounts of attempts to schedule a match. I do believe that both players are trying to play this match, but their time zones have not aligned well so far.

As we are still in early stages and the rest of the tournament is progressing well so far, I'd like to grant a one week extension for this match to be played. Could both players make an effort to complete this match by 5th April. This is now the only remaining single elimination knockout match to be played and is now behind schedule.

I have not seen any further progress in terms of communication in this forum or private messages during the last week.

This match is now falling further behind the schedule outlined here: lichess.org/forum/team-crazyhouse-world-championship/schedule-for-32-crazyhouse-world-championship-2020

The qualifier (determined by the winner of this single elimination knockout match) should be completing their next match (first round of the double elimination knockout stage) against @thefinnisher by 12th April. However, if this qualification match cannot be played by then, we would unfairly be delaying @thefinnisher from progressing in the tournament.

Given that an extension to 5th April has already been provided with no progress, if this continues to 12th April then a forfeit result or double forfeit result will need to be issued so that the overall tournament can proceed.

As soon as possible, could each of you please post in this forum when you are available to play this match (please indicate date, time and time zone or city). From today up until 12th April, if one player responds in this forum and the other does not, that will be sufficient grounds to award a win by forfeit. If neither player responds in this forum, then that will be sufficient grounds to issue a double forfeit which will mean @thefinnisher then proceeds to round 2 of the double elimination knockout stage.

I will reach out to both players here with a private message referencing this forum post.
A week ago @Saparmyrat and me wanted to play our single elemination match. We fixed a time(screenshot by racingkingsqueen) and he didnt show up. Yesterday we sheduled another time(post #97 #98). Since he didnt show up again, and we are the last single elemination game i would like to claim a win

This match is already behind schedule by one week and there are grounds to make a forfeit decision here.

Based on the public evidence provided, it appears that crazyrkking has been turning up at agreed or suggested times, whereas @saparmyrat has not. This has now occurred twice and the rule below will be applied.

- Within the Single Elimination Knockout Round, each player will be given one chance to turn up late and reschedule with their opponent, but if a player turns up late a second time after rescheduling then that player will forfeit the match

A win by forfeit is hereby granted to @crazyrkking who will proceed to the double elimination knockout stage.

This is the last single elimination knockout result to be completed and this thread can now be closed.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.