lichess.org
Donate

Charity? Non-profit? No profit?

Thank you Lichess for the fact that you are free, that makes it easier for more players to play. And only with a lot of players in diffrent Games you can have fun easiely.
Greetings from Germany
<Comment deleted by user>
Just wanted to say, lichess is amazing and a shining example of what open-source and non-profits can achieve. Arguably the best chess website there is.
I also noticed something interesting from the costs spreadsheet, one of the biggest expenses is taxes! That's amazing, I thought a non-profit wouldn't be taxed or at least at a very low rate.
Could you explain what a "higher level" non-profit is?
@Darren6668 said in #83:
> At the end, you wrote FIFA and not FIDE. Small mistake, a great post though.
I don't think it was a mistake - FIFA is an example of a non-profit that rakes in lots of money and enriches many people involved with it.
cannot sound any thing much clearer,better,transparent & lovely!!
Look at the outpouring of support here. It's great to see.

Having been part of numerous non-profits, I would suggest that you stay true to what you believe. I'm sure you can come up with various methods to generate more income for the organization that would align with the healthy values in this community.

Also, it is important to ensure that those who manage the organization after you are also true to that goal/cause. Lichess is huge, and seems to always be growing.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.