lichess.org
Donate

How do I resign a game?

Anyone reading this may think I am blind, but I can't for the life of me work out how to resign a game when I need to. As a result I got timed out and so incurred a penalty. I am not going to appeal the penalty, but I would appreciate it if someone can tell me where is the button to click to resign a game? Thanks.
When you join a match, there will be a flag button. This flag button is near the "draw offer button". Also "Draw offer button" near the "Take Back Button". They all are between in your name and your opponent's name. Your name and your opponent's name are right of the page, you know.
Thank you JessyWeinberg and Sordor. As for sorable - good suggestion.
This reminds me of when I started at lichess. I also could not find it. A friend on lichess also could not find it. There are a lot of things that lichess leaves to your intuition to find. As far as I know there is no 'How to' for lichess. This would be a great thing to add. Something to introduce beginners to the basics of lichess.

I have in the meantime made a pdf showing how to do simple things like challenge a friend, or find a friend. Both items I also initially struggled with. I know many think 'What's the big deal? Just click around and you'll figure it out.' But not everyone is so internet savy. I know some older folks (retired) who have started playing on-line chess - how cool is that? - but they couldn't figure out how to resign and so they just leave the games unfinished. Not great for the reasons outlined by @jxk01.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.