lichess.org
Donate

Who gets more care by lichess? Titled or Normal

What do you mean, "more care"?
There's no premium plan, so nobody has more or less than anybody else...

There's a few titled arenas, but that's not caring, not more than the below 1500, below 1700, below 2000 tournaments...
Actually I think there's more things dedicated to "small" players like me than for titled ones^^
Titled players get woken up with a cup of hot coffee and a gentle kiss on the forehead each morning. Everyone else just gets a slap across the face.
@DR_EvilGenius2008 Your choice of words is rather imprecise so it's not clear what you're actually asking. What is the metric by which one may measure this favour/care?
For example lichess organize special tournament with cash prize for titled players but for normal players they don't get any special tournament with cash prize.
It would be quite useless to do a favour only for non-titled players, because nobody can be forced to reveal his title.

Of course lichess could organise something like a Uxxxx tournament with a cash prize, but even without cash prize sandbagging is a problem.

Note: For the strong ones it is much easier to simulate weakness than vice versa.
@Sarg0n who cares, says the master :D So, have you that gentle wake up kiss? I'm intrigued :D

@sheckley666 the idea of a prize pool is to attract the good players, not the "bad" ones, helps get traffic on the website and have lichess running.

Also, a quick look at this specific topic gives you an answer too : the only person on this thread actually giving Lichess some money is the titled one^^

@samairakuhu well, I still have to understand the interest of that : I've had a few requests of the type "follow me and I'll follow you back", I was like, what? What's the point? I follow friends and people I like to play against, and that's it. Having people following me is as useful as a bike for a fish!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.