lichess.org
Donate

antarctica

Well, that is true too; you mention the "really religious people that mean to cause harm to vast amounts of people". Like the Muslims that seek to annihilate the West, which they see as irredeemably
corrupted. They seek to do so in the name of God.

On the one hand, they are like the majority of us that I mentioned before, who assume themselves as good without really thinking about it fully or knowing better. For example, most Americans would
consider themselves good people, even tho they eat factory farmed meat, and thereby directly contribute to the suffering of innocent animals (ie. their net influence could actually be negative, even
tho they think it is positive). It's easy to get caught up in going with the flow, even if that flow is leading off a cliff.

Or, one could see it from the global perspective, and indeed the Muslims and all of us would be executing the will of the universe, the will of God, who has promised wholesale destruction to entire
societies on repeated occasions (during Noah's time, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc.)

I do think the equation is beyond our personal ability to fully reconcile; it's something we more or less just have to accept, and deal with.

Hmm, well if I were you I would hijack your mom's speakers for a moment and play that song :D. If she's anything like me (which it sounds like she is), she might even like it. At the very least
there's recognition in it; the sounds of a new generation.
Yeah and there are people who apparently want to sail out to the seas and blow themselves all up with some sort of bomb fuel power, thinking it's the "only possible way to go to heaven" or something
like that lol. Of course I'm not sure if there's anything evil about that honestly...well if it's just their selves.

So yeah, when you put it like that, I mean, I'm sure all the dudes who first settled into this land so far as taking it away from the native Indian dudes thought it was a justice, a service to all,
and that they were demons or something I guess. Despite all that harm it doesn't mean at all that they think what they're doing is evil. Faith (and religion) does play a part in it if placed towards
specific directions.

That's the idea I kind of wanted to avoid getting into but, yeah. I mean if you've heard of that old Skepticism theory? (The idea that nothing can be known for certain, except for one's own
existence.) We really don't necessarily "know" anything about the universe at all. Yet, we manage to survive anyway, some of us anyway. I mean it's not like there's proof that what they're doing is
wrong, but that's only from the logical perspective of proving axioms/postulates that we assume, thus getting back into that recursive logic thing. But, intuitively, we just know what's wrong and
what's right.

lol...you know, now that you mention it, I believe you when you say she might like it (not just the song, but my hijacking her speakers too), since she knows I have like no pride in my choice of audio
quality, just go with whatever sound output works and sounds clear enough (as long as it's not shit), jesus she buys the most expensive shit for sound output. It's her favorite way of retaliation
against people banging against the walls/floors and having sex or w/e all that damned noise is around the apartments here; she'll just blast the subwoofer and audio equipment with various songs and
people shut up XD...man, I'm way too shy and nerve-wrecked to let anyone else hear what's coming out of just my headphones lol

But then naturally, our tastes for music are just simply different. There's no [much?] bass in this song, but, it's sort of what I remember after some of the stuff I listened to in that glaciers
thread where you posted music videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uMVmKkEIs
It's more relaxing than most shit I blast out; I think it's kinda cool
Not to mention, mommy is so good with kids XD

A few weeks ago I complained to her that it was cold outside,
she was like, "You dumbass!! :D It is not cold outside", I can just picture her as an Elementary School teacher,

some Second Grader kid whines to her how freezing cold it is outside of the classroom, she's like,
"You asshole! :P It is not cold outside, you dumbass! :D"

lmao...that's like her favorite way of persuading my dad to do stuff as well XD
The funny thing about "Native" Americans is they came from Asia. It's like Einstein said; practically every nation is founded on conquest. Sometimes I think America is like the Garden of Eden, and
it's a pendulum that swings back and forth between the West and the East.

It's like the weather; a constantly evolving balance of (competing/cooperating) forces.

I don't think skepticism as a basis for belief (or disbelief) in itself is sound; for one, as you mention, intuitively we do know what is right and wrong, whether it's logical or not. Skepticism is
useful as a tool to keep ourselves honed. However, faith/belief is primary; it's what gives us the inner strength/self-confidence to execute/persevere (or, at least, it is a reflection thereof).

I like that song too; it's pretty/peaceful.

Also, it doesn't sound like your mom and I would get along; more like 'taming of the shrew' :D
Asians come from the middle east. And the middle easterners came from Africans. (Ignoring the Neanderthal and Denisovan genetic infusion -- though they originally came from Africa as well.)

And why would you want a basis for belief? Why not instead just have a basis for recognizing and understanding the world as it is. Of what value is belief without understanding? Skepticism is a
good basis for understanding (though more is required.)
I had no idea...I thought they were just there since whenever the hell lol. I know that there were originally three nations of Europe before further conquest or whatever the hell. Although I have
heard before the theory that Asians/Muslims/w/e the hell were ancestrally linked to blacks and whites.

True though, it's definitely a prime example of competition. I never looked at it from the pendulum perspective though...similar yet definitely interesting. :D Man you are good with similes and
metaphors; I just blabber on until I say shit XD

I think Skepticism is an interesting reverse-isolative feeling to go by to remember how to be critical about things that need criticism, like solving a puzzle without making fundamental and commonly
supported but possibly false assumptions, but yes, with the ease of faith and guidance from our feelings the experience is just more widened, and we're willing to accept cost for adventure while
playing through naturally.

XD my mom is like, the center source of all possible entities around the neighborhood for disrupting peaceful communication. Not saying any of her intentions are bad cause they're not, just gets
insecure and assertive and wild about shit. And aggressive like the shrew I may say XD. But anytime I'm in the middle of a chat or conversation with someone, and I hear her footsteps nearby, I just
wanna run the fuck out before she even spots/hears me because I know that even if she's silent her very aura just breaks the peace in the air around me lol!
qed, and where did they come from before Africa?

Skepticism is part of the path, tho it is secondary; it is contingent upon that initial, intrinsic, reflexive recognition/revelation.

It is an example of competition and cooperation. For example, different competitive peoples go to war from time to time; they cooperate with their allies, but also eventually they cooperate
altogether to reach peace (no war in history has ever gone on forever {tho it does recur periodically}).

Your third paragraph is right on. Skepticism clarifies what is true. Even in excess; when the sun goes down, it still shines from the moon.

Your mom sounds...interesting. You're 24, right? Why are you still living with her?
Basically, history repeats itself. In that sense a war does go on forever, but it's obviously not constant. Is it contiguous, no and yes. But, yeah...it's a pendulum because people who compete must
[soon] understand cooperation, and people who cooperate must [soon] be able to disagree and think for themselves to change something, as we had been given that power to use it.

Of course, if we believed in nothing past Skepticism, we'd probably just be sitting ducks until we'd die from starvation or something. Not like we could hold perfectly still as a statue even when we
sleep. We have to act because we're never alone from everything, or maybe even anything.... So Skepticism is kind of a resource for isolating and extracting what we're able to derive, while we have
to be adventurous and go forward in time with some style of pride.

I'm 20, born in June 1991.
My parents split, but I wanted to move out East first. I was reluctant to start off with my dad anytime soon, but I just want to explore so will get to know his side of the family more soon. I was
going to college for a while until my parents split, but I don't have any driving certification or source of income yet to sustain almost any independent living.
If war is constant in that sense, then so is peace.

I see; that makes more sense. I was living with my grandparents at age 20, while going to college. At the very least you should learn to drive.
True...I guess it's a bit pessimistic to view life always as just a constant struggle, on-going between a persisting war (like between good and evil) throughout an entire time frame. I suppose the
same idea applies to peace since they still interchange with one another. If life was constant war or constant peace, the other wouldn't be a known force of nature to us, and there could be no
pendulum.
Like how, "'Is' and 'isn't' produce each other."

Interesting enough, now that you mention it, I can think of a lot of my elders who had very much more stable relations with their grandparents than their own parents. I don't know if it's stuff like
how WWI/WWII changes future generations and stuff like that.

And I agree about learning to drive. I feel a bit in a piss-awkward situation of confinement without at least the freedom of being able to drive legally (as in, properly, too). I had my chance in
High School but was, too ADHD or whatever to know that there was a behind-the-wheel portion of the class (!! nobody ever told me) so had my parents pay for that course over little to nothing. My
younger brother does drive though.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.