lichess.org
Donate

Rematch

@JackStone73 said in #1:
> Why many players after winning don't offer a rematch to the opponent? We call "rivincita"
> There's no translation for this word, literally Re-winning.
> This is a second chance for the opponent to win a game against the same player.
>
> In my culture, a good player always offers a rivincita.
>
> I would like to know why many players I meet don't offer it?

We call it rematchosis, bad case. People think they can infect others with their rematch quirk. Probably a psychiatrist can help?
> In my culture

in my culture on the other hand, people just laugh and move on. funny things, those cultures.
<Comment deleted by user>
@Haymarket said in #4:
> Convince me, motivate me to offer a rematch.

Why not? It's a fairplay thing

Why doesn't Lichess encourage chess player to offer rematches, for improving fairplay in this community? This could be an interesting question.
@Hedgehog1963 said in #7:
> By now I have written on my profile that I do not respond to rematch requests because I analyse all my games. This is mostly true.

Ok, but it's possible to play a rematch, then come back to that game and analysing all your games as i do, it's so easy.
@MikeBaruch said in #8:
> Again I don't care bout your rinvicita mamacita or whatever ta it is, define a "good" player.

Mamacita? What the ....? do you know what are you talking about? Anyway, my definition of good player is different. Deal with that. And please, don't offend a player who is trying to know better this world. So far, it seems to be a bad place.
@Sarg0n said in #11:
> We call it rematchosis, bad case. People think they can infect others with their rematch quirk. Probably a psychiatrist can help?

You can't talk to people like that, it's not educate and appropriate.
MMMh, i think i am going to report this message. Sincerely yours.

Ps. nice profile pic.
<Comment deleted by user>
@Haymarket said in #18:
> What does accepting/offering rematches have to do with fairness?

It's about ...to give a second chance to your opponent. In my culture to offer a "rivincita" means to be a very good player, humble and respectful of the opponent. Thanks for you reply
I usually don't accept rematches in order to avoid cheaters. It can be pretty annoying playing a cheater, and losing, several games in a row, so I just move on to a new game immediately to mitigate that.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.