lichess.org
Donate

Is there a way to disable/enable move confirmation during a game?

I recently played a blitz game with move confirmation on, and I really liked it, as it helped me make less blunders. However, when I started running out of time, it became a hindrance. Is there like, some kind of hotkey I can use to toggle the setting?

Heres the game: lichess.org/UrI2uvMU/black#0
I don't recommend move confirmation in blitz and bullet, you get flagged too often because of it. I'd say: toggle it on before you play rapid or classical and turn it off before you play bullet or blitz.
Move confirmation is good for classical and rapid to avoid blunders.

For blitz it may use up too much time, though there are people who berserk blitz and thus give up half of their time for a measly arena point.
For blitz another form of blunder check may be in order: think about your move, click with the mouse, drag the piece to the intended square, check it is no blunder, release mouse
For bullet even that may be too slow. Then think about your move, hover over the intended square, check it is no blunder, press keyboard key.
Heeeeeey there :-)
Sadly, there is no way to turn the move confirmation on/off during the game with a hotkey. :<
I know what you mean and think it is a great suggestion - if it would work same way as it does with pressing"Z" for turning zen-mode on and off.
Maybe try posting on feedback or even better, create a github-issue about it?!
---
Baaaaah dear tpr - this time you have no clue what you are talking about. You neither berserk nor you play bullet!
Sorry to say this and please no offence - I value all the posts you make especially in the game analysis section.
Please understand: it is not about "measly arena point" - to berserk is fun, its a challenge and actually: having given time odds increases focus!
Move confirmation instead might be a challenge as well but I think it is pretty annoying in non-increment games since we tend to consume the time given on the clock and end up flagging because of that...
You could have the settings option open in another tab and then turn it off when desired, and quickly refresh, A possible option
You are right: I neither berserk, nor play any bullet. I even became too slow for blitz.
Giving time odds increases focus. OK. Setting move confirmation increases focus as well.
You end up flagging because of move confirmation and not because of berserk? Berserk takes half of your time, move confirmation takes less.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.