lichess.org
Donate

Do you remember people in 2021-2022 saying 'lichess off topic is dead!'

... and no one knew those days were actually most active period in lichess off topics?
The Off Topic subforum ain't dead , but the threads are getting boring
@Acrobat31 said in #1:
> ... and no one knew those days were actually most active period in lichess off topics?
Those times the most funniest forum posters use to be so active that the off topic wasnt dead at all.
i struggle to grapple with the fact that 2021 was 3 years ago
Back when I first started using forums(2020 March/April), not with this account but with an older one, the golden era of OTD was just about to begin. It was all fun, and you could find anything you want.

I recall having a beef with an Australian guy - I won't mention his name, of course. Dude was just asking for trouble and argument. Looking back on it now, it brings a smile to my face.

And @Acrobat31, 2020-2021 was better than 2021-2022.
I don't know if we can call 2020-21 like the best period of our forums.

the era of COVID and lockdowns had on our forums the effect of whiskey on an alcoholic: people were capable of saying anything and everything, of telling their life story to the first stranger, of talking about their hobbies without apprehension...

because it was an era beyond time. the world had stopped, people were dying, culture and sport were paralyzed. the economy was almost at a standstill, going to the store was an achievement, surviving the epidemic too, catching COVID meant playing Russian roulette with life and death. I'm not talking about depression and anonymous people who died due to lack of care and contact with the outside world.

on the one hand, with such a quantity of unhappiness, I don't see how we can speak of a golden age. I will speak of decadence, pain and human suffering.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.