lichess.org
Donate

Why do people queue up for 15+15 and never use their time?

I cant imagine thinking for more than 1 minute on any given move. I try to always move within 5-10 seconds; or faster. But, thats because I consider chess to be a mind exercise helping me to make good decisions quickly.

As a general rule I dont like playing any game thats over 3 minutes.

The more games I can play in a hour the more move variants I get to see the more experienced I am for the next time. So: 20-60 games at 45 seconds-3 minutes or ...1-3 games at 10-15min. Negative captain. Cant do it.

IRL you cant stop to think for 5 minutes when in a situation.
Gotta act fast. So, I use chess to help me.
(lol dont look at my standard ratings; variants ftw :)

@AnonymousSpectator
And OP; I'd imagine at your Rapid rating you are gonna face a lot of goofballs like me. People who have no real interest in playing rapid; they are blitz/bullet players; but que up a game for the heck of it to see if they can fix their rating.
Then, they get bored after 1 minute and just start doing whatever. Least thats my problem lol.
most of the time the players actually play fast in classical is because they are triggered by a previous game;)
but there can be a lot of reasons:
once someone actually asked me to speed up (after just 2 minutes of play) because they needed to go somewhere...(they spamed me every 10s to make a move)
why did they even bothered to start a classical game? no idea

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.