lichess.org
Donate

Stuck at 1600 rating.

Could you give me advice to get to 1700 rating?

Thank you.
<Comment deleted by user>
@Dimitri321.
#1 I would recommend playing a set number of games per-day and only that amount weather they are wins or losses.
#2 Do 15 or 20 puzzles per-day.
#3 Don't play when you feel bad/tired/upset/. If you do you will play well below your best and your rating and improvement will suffer as a result.
#4 Play 30+20 if you have the time. Really. It helps.
#5 If you do play 30+20/with increment you should enable move confirmation. Play a move. Check it is no blunder or mouse-slip. Confirm.
#6 When you lose a game it is best to drink water. Take a walk. Then analyze the game. Tapping "rematch" is tempting but not healthy.
#7 Study endgames and tactics. Not openings.
Studying openings does not make you a "worse" player. But it does slow down your progress. You should always study what matters more before the things that matter less.
#8 Don't play bullet or blitz.
#9 utilize all the time allowed by the time control.
You are too impatient. Slow down. Time is a recourse use it. When you see a good move look for a better one.
I hope this helps;)
<Comment deleted by user>
Just grind rapid, and do puzzles. Watch gm games, so you can see their middle game ideas
Could you give me advice to get to 1700 rating?

Thank you.

–––
What are you doing to get more ratings?
Just do chess exercises and try chess tactics on lichess. If you want you to want a higher rating, find a player to play with and then learn the tactics. Good luck.

I was stuck with 1700 rating for a year, then I progressed

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.