lichess.org
Donate

Looking for 800-1000 ELO players to practice with

I really don't know if there's there a better way to find players of my same rating (like in the player database) so I am posting here instead.

I see the rating distributions but it doesn't list players in that 5% that I am apparently in. It's kinda depressing and unmotivating to fight all these different people; so, I just wanna play versus one person.

Does anyone want to volunteer?

PS. (Most people would say that losing to a total stranger is a less nervewracking thing, but for me, it feels like the total opposite effect.)

PPS. (I would try lichess.org/practice but, I dunno if it might be too hard for my current level)

PPPS. (If you're of the curious type, feel free to gander at my replay history.... it might help)
Sorry,

I also think maybe it might be too hard to find 800-1000 ELO players that visit this forum, so maybe anyone from:

800-1300 ELO...

But I don't know how to edit the topic title :(

EDIT: oh yea.... and this is Blitz so, 1/2+11 or 3/4+10
actually there are 800-1300 elo players on this site (in real life, whether national USCF or FIDE).
their ratings on lichess would be higher than in those organizations.

but lichess uses glicko2 ratings not elo.
If you want to get better you should play a longer time control and watch some videos. I suggest John Bartholomew's videos. He has a series for beginners and it is incredibly helpful. Goodluck with your chess friend.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice!

Firstly: yeah, I did mean to say Glicko2 ratings. I think I found a LaTeX document explaining it.

I will try John Bartholomew's videos too.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.