lichess.org
Donate

Laszlo Polgar 5334

Dear All,

I have a book of a chess problems by Laszlo Polgar. Since day 1 when I got the book I was wondering the web for a place with all the problems that can be solved on a digital board but never found such a place.

I am ready to create one like that by myself with the support of community.

I have tried to do so in lichess, but no luck so far since it is one problem per chapter which means I have to create 5334 chapters (dunno if lichess event lets to do so). Any of you know other place where I can do that? Or maybe we even create some separate web resource to do that?

Regards
I can't find a current web page which offers this, but you could create your own webpage. Wordpress.org offers free web pages and has its own plugin the create chess diagrams wordpress.org/plugins/rpb-chessboard/.
http://www.jinchess.com/chessboard/composer/ and www.apronus.com/chess/pgnviewer/, have tools to embed chess diagrams on a webpage from their server.

drive.google.com/open?id=1qJDk6TFvM1_9Dyb9PR7IXivBqOK0y38d is his books in chessbase format. This would save lots of time as you could just upload the file or cut and paste.
That book confuses me. Where are tactics other than mates and attacks on the king? How specifically did he train his daughters? How many hours or puzzles daily? How many times to solv e each puzzle, and when to go back and repeat puzzles? Etc. No explanations, nothing, just a bunch of puzzles, seems like just wanted to publish a book to get paid with no work involved, so he simply sent a bunch of his training puzzles to the editor and said: “this is the book, it’s done, publish it”.

Lol
...and eventually he will sue Yagub due to copyright infringement. :D
@Kusokosla
The Polgar Sisters by Cathy Forbes: "Eight to ten hours a day would be devoted to the study ...". This was in addition to their other studies including ping pong and other physical activities. It's reported that Judith would spend extra time doing puzzles, often saying that the pieces wouldn't leave her alone.
#5 hmm... cool info, thanks. I wonder the 10 hours, how were they spent? How much time devoted to this or that etc.
"It's reported that Judith would spend extra time doing puzzles, often saying that the pieces wouldn't leave her alone."

That's one of the coolest thing that I've read all year.

-

I bought that book long ago and only got 1/5th of the way through so far.

What it's designed to do it stretch your mind in directions that it doesn't normally go.

Suppose I show 100 people a mate in 3, and there are 2 different ways to solve it.
Some will find one way (group a), some will find the another (group b).

So what happens when the next puzzle is a mate in 3 with only one solution...and the solution is the exact same pattern as the 'group a' pattern, and it's up to the Group B people to solve it?

It stretches their mind.

Same thing vice versa.

So what that book is designed to do is to eliminate blindspots.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I see GMs play and analyze, they always have these little 1-2 shot tactical combos that I never saw in the position. Nothing deep. Nothing complicated. Just ingenuity. Just real extra "chessy".

Why are they seeing these little shots and not me?

They don't have blindspots to the degree and frequency that the rest of us do.

Completing that book should go at least some way towards resolving blindspots.

Fantastic book, can't recommend it enough.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.