lichess.org
Donate

I beat a 3000 and only gained 6 points?!?!?!?!?

About a year ago I beat a 3000 when I was a 1000 I just don't understand why I didn't gain 20 points at least
<Comment deleted by user>
@Cedur216 said in #3:
> it was a bot lmao
And while likely not directly related to the rating issue, adds to the fun that the BOT has since been marked for violating ToS.
@MentalFugues said in #5:
> And while likely not directly related to the rating issue, adds to the fun that the BOT has since been marked for violating ToS.
I didn’t see that it was flagged
@Cedur216 said in #3:
> it was a bot lmao
Why does that matter?
probably because bots are treated differently to account for farming. When you play some bots too much, your games won't even be rated anymore!
@MentalFugues said in #5:
> And while likely not directly related to the rating issue, adds to the fun that the BOT has since been marked for violating ToS.

Humans get marked for using an engine. Why would a bot get marked? For asking a human for advice?
@Cedur216 said in #7:
> probably because bots are treated differently to account for farming. When you play some bots too much, your games won't even be rated anymore!
I did not know that
@Buttercup22 said in #8:
> Humans get marked for using an engine. Why would a bot get marked? For asking a human for advice?

Perhaps the bot recognized its master and played differently (weaker) against him than against other people, in order to boost the master's rating? But I haven't checked what was the actual issue with this bot.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.