lichess.org
Donate

How good a chess player would you say you are if you are 2000 Blitz on Lichess

I asked as I crossed over 2000 today. I never thought I would.

Given that I had a lowest of 1182 in 2017 I would say I am rather proud of the improvement.

However, even so, exactly how good is 2000 on Lichess.

I would guess I am not a beginner anymore, but can I call myself a good chess player now?
That's a big improuvement gg !
In my point of view 2000 blitz in lichess is a good player
<Comment deleted by user>
you can't compare fide with lichess rating. To me, 2000 is a beginner. It's when chess starts to become a bit more interesting. I may sound rude and everyplayer between 2000-2200 will start to call me "trash, loser...". Why? because many people think that reaching 2000 with lichess format is a good level for a chess player. Sorry to say but no. A good chess player from my point of view (with lichess standards) is 2500+. That's when players stop commiting a lot of tactical blunders. When chess starts to take a strategic turn. Ok well done for reaching 2000 but I hope that's it's not your final goal. Even I a 2300 player consider myself as an intermediate category C/B player and quite weak. Players who are at 2300 know what I'm talking about. When facing a 2500, you feel powerless, as if you didn't have a chance right from the beginning.
I think it just says that you are around 1700 in blitz OTB, but you need to play classical and achieve a solid rating there,because then it is easier to say how good you are. If you are better in Blitz than in rapid or classical your elo is probably even lower than 1700.
I used to think that 2000 is good, but now I don't. At 2000 you're still far from achieving chess mastery and you still sometimes play bad moves you were playing when you were just starting out. Even 2400 rated players on lichess don't play as well as you would expect them to. For me, a skilled player is someone who constantly provides thorough understanding of the game, excellent pattern and pawn structure recognition and impeccable calculation. Or better said, everyone who excels at every part of chess.
I agree, with your current level, I would say that your OTB rating would not be over 1350.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.