lichess.org
Donate

when you lose a rook but not really losing a rook( me vs 1370)

I recently (just now lol) played a game against a 1370 who plays the sicilian. Of course, I played the Alapin because why not?
Here's the game:

Me as white,on move 11,he got my rook, but I decided to calculate: f5, Qxrook (btw a mistake), then the queen would be trapped and capture it, but I saw something more diabolic: revenge my rook to take HIS. so Bd5 and bye rook, so idk why but he took a defended knight, and loses his queen.After that, he tried to late the unavoidable: there was an epaulette mate, with the pinned bishop :)

Enjoy this massacre!
Extra tempo with Be3 really helps. But never the less Black's significant lack of development allowed the rook "sac" to work.
@Akbar2thegreat said in #4:
> @WassimBerbar
> Black lost it by the time it did not see the Bishop on e3 and played 13. Qxg1+ and lost the Queen hence the game.

Yes he has blundered his queen I don't know why, maybe to late the unavoidable?!?!??!
@Akbar2thegreat said in #6:
> @WassimBerbar
> Most probably Black didn't see bishop on e3. It doesn't seem that Qxg1+ is played intentionally!

ah, he would sacrifice his queen for a knight? That would be.... idk, because the knight has a unique movement that no other piece has, so sacrificing the queen for a knight is that as good trade ?!?!? NO :)
@WassimBerbar said in #1:
> I recently (just now lol) played a game against a 1370 who plays the sicilian. Of course, I played the Alapin because why not?
> Here's the game:
>
>
>
>
> Me as white,on move 11,he got my rook, but I decided to calculate: f5, Qxrook (btw a mistake), then the queen would be trapped and capture it, but I saw something more diabolic: revenge my rook to take HIS. so Bd5 and bye rook, so idk why but he took a defended knight, and loses his queen.After that, he tried to late the unavoidable: there was an epaulette mate, with the pinned bishop :)
>
> Enjoy this massacre!
he blundered his queen..its more than losing ur rook...and now ur talking it like a game of century!
@IveBeatenTal said in #9:
> he blundered his queen..its more than losing ur rook...and now ur talking it like a game of century!
he's a lot higher than me, so it's pretty obvious it's worth a post :)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.