lichess.org
Donate

2019 HWC Pairings

And so we're at the finals!

The match is @Stubenfisch vs @svenos

I'd like to congratulate both players for making it this far. We've already seen some incredible games from these two, and we will be treated to much more in this final showdown, for the title of Horde World Champion and unique trophy.

To remind everyone, the final consists of 20 rated games (or until a player reaches 10.5 points) , played at 3+2 time control. In the event of a tie, 1+0 games are played until one player is winning after an even number of games. (This means winning by two points is not necessary. A win followed by a draw results in a score of 1.5-0.5 after 2 games, and so is a decisive result.)

Since the tournament format is double elimination, for a player to be eliminated they must lose two matches. Thus since @Stubenfisch has lost zero matches, and @svenos has lost one, in the event that @svenos wins the first 20 game match, another 20 game match must be played to decide the winner of the tournament.

I am setting the deadline for the whole match to be December 23rd, 24:00 UTC. When scheduling your match, please account for the possibility that up to 40 games of 3+2 will have to be played. This is a lot, so splitting up the match over the course of several days is allowed. I just ask that if you decide to do this, please post all the times your games will be taking place in this thread.

Good luck to both of you!
Alright, so the match is scheduled.
First half Sunday 15th of December at 21:00 UTC+1
If necessary:
Second half Wednesday 18th of December at 21:00 UTC+1

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.