lichess.org

Search "user:petri999"

225 posts found
General Chess Discussion - I lose every game#13

Tactis also teach calculating variations. Which is hard skill to us no-good-ones. Not that you need be ableto do long variations but I do mistakes already in short ones. As for starters problem. N…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - ELO VS CENTIPAWN LOSS. Make a ranking of player taking into account their centipawn loss#13

@Chuck_Fess Most common reason for low centipawn loss is simple game. Lots of forced tradet etc will make loss small. Quality of play index does address some of concers you had. Not countinm moves ma…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - ELO VS CENTIPAWN LOSS. Make a ranking of player taking into account their centipawn loss#10

according this study on online games correlation seems weak https://chessvillage.blogspot.com/2017/11/chess-analytics-predicting-rating-from.html but this study show correlation. Please note that pu…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - Rapid Rating gone back to provisional?#4

inactivity increases RD in Glicko algorith. Ans provvosional rating just indicates that RD is oversome threshold- probably 100. So it just incator that confidence on this rating is not at thesamelev…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - How Do Chess Engines Work?#3

In today's world most of information exist in free format and chess programming is one those. Pretty surethat you will find explanation from there https://www.chessprogramming.org/Main_Page Basicall…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - Transvestites in Chess?#4

Because no one takes the burden of being on receiving end of difficulties of beig transgender just be able to compete in chess. In particular chess as it offers no benefits, physical strength does …

petri999
General Chess Discussion - unprofessional chess coaching is the standard#22

No, it is market economy. It is for customers and potential customers to decide if it is worth it. And assuming he markets it to relative beginners then definately strong enough. As long he correct pe…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - Software alternatives to lichess?#28

@jasontaylor7 I've only used SCID not the other BUT in thing it has. On scid when launch analyse game I ger dialog with plenty of options. One them is shoudl mark move when it deviates more xxx pawns…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - How to study openings efficiently.#28

I find that havin some pre-made plan helps to keep things dash more organized. Also what I found that keeping things simple helps. As when I got into chess I started to play kings indian, a bad cho…

petri999
General Chess Discussion - unprofessional chess coaching is the standard#9

One problem is that coaches her offer lessons in very low fees. At least to western standards. If you would for abotu 30€ offer a lesson for 60 minutes and then yuo prepare for say 30 minutes and ma…

petri999
Reconnecting