Free online Chess server. Play Chess now in a clean interface. No registration, no ads, no plugin required. Play Chess with the computer, friends or random opponents.
Play
Create a gameTournamentSimultaneous exhibitions
Learn
Chess basicsPuzzlesPracticeCoordinatesStudyCoaches
Watch
Lichess TVCurrent gamesStreamersBroadcasts (beta)Video library
Community
PlayersTeamsForumQuestions & Answers
Tools
Analysis boardOpening explorerBoard editorImport gameAdvanced search
Sign in
Reconnecting

Search "user:petri999"

103 posts found

General Chess Discussion - SILMAN - How to reasses your chess, 4th. EDITION (Book) #2

it is good. Very long so it takes quite effort to finish.

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - A Great Article on How to Improve Quickly at Chess #4

Blog has few errors on how computers think. Computer use alpha-beta (which gives same result as pure minimax) which consumes less computing power that mini-max. They do not look just few moves ahead…

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - SIGN THE PETITION FOR LICHESS PERSONAL GAME STORAGE DATABASE! #39

I did not say "not" just lightly. FICS is great but tech wise it is early nineteens with no good web interface. So there was motivation. and Lichess good place to play chess. Probably next effort is …

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - Visually Impaired Chess Players #4

Player id not supposed to find what opponent moved but opponent must declare his move. Board is used so that you can examine with hands where the pieces are.

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - SIGN THE PETITION FOR LICHESS PERSONAL GAME STORAGE DATABASE! #37

I've used SCID a lot. And the fact that you find UI not good is another reason why people should not lightly to go into competition with other tools. Designing a good UI is big amount of work and impl…

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - "Nowadays, when you're not a grandmaster at 14, you can forget about it." (Anand?).More explanation? #10

I think becoming FM is possible after 20's depending whole lotta things. But it has to be rare. In Japan Go pro candidates must make it to professional ranks before 20 or they just have to live with b…

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - SIGN THE PETITION FOR LICHESS PERSONAL GAME STORAGE DATABASE! #32

well, with limitted resources (I see very few committers in lichess repo) I doubt this sort of feature would rise high up in the list of events. And compting in features like scid not reasonable. That…

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - SIGN THE PETITION FOR LICHESS PERSONAL GAME STORAGE DATABASE! #23

Or use free service intended for this. Additinal features cost https://www.chessdrop.com/

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - SIGN THE PETITION FOR LICHESS PERSONAL GAME STORAGE DATABASE! #21

Well @XeroChess in this petition proposal you did not specify how much you would be willing to pay for such feature, for starters. Secondly there is plenty of way to store your games. Like SCID datab…

by petri999
General Chess Discussion - SIGN THE PETITION FOR LICHESS PERSONAL GAME STORAGE DATABASE! #7

why dont you just open dropbox accoutn and store your games there?

by petri999