lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Roper300"

50 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Chess and empathy#3

There is no room for such thoughts in chess. You don't care if your opponent feels uncomfortable. In fact you would like him to feel comfortable in a bad position. That increasess the chances to go fo…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why would white opening with e3 and then f4 be a bad opening?#31

After 1.e3 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.exf4 d5 4.d4(there is no meaning to avoid d4 , it will give your opponent even more space) you have a French exchange with an early f4. This is not considered good and I don'…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Starting a solid study schedule?#6

Endgame is very important if you are aiming high. First it will help you develop very important skills , second after a point endgame technique becomes vital. You are a 1800 rated player and that mean…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why would white opening with e3 and then f4 be a bad opening?#27

@tpr, 1...e6 and 2...f5 is not the same with 1.e3 and 2.f4. 1...e6 comes as response to 1.d4 or 1.e4 and invites either French or Dutch. 1.e3 is first move and after 1...e5 2.f4 is simply a bad move(w…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why would white opening with e3 and then f4 be a bad opening?#24

Jonesmh ,I am forced to say something a 4 year old retarded kid could understand but obviously not you(not that any of us is surprised). You are not the one who decides what is useful and what is not.…

Roper300
Game analysis - You'll never guess how long this one weird endgame was!#4

Well done for wasting your time without any reason. Even more well done that you are proud about it. And they say chess players are smart!

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why would white opening with e3 and then f4 be a bad opening?#22

1.e3 is not bad but OP asked about e3 and f4. 1.e3 and f4 is certainly worst than the direct 1.f4 which "prevents" e5(Black can stil play it as a gambit) and allows more flexibility regarding the e-pa…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Is the soviet middle game technique alright for a player rated 1800#6

Actually many good trainers don't even believe that a novice must start from tactics(but that's another topic) so all this about getting 2500 first in tactics is just a nonsense from GMs that want eas…

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Best passers#6

First, you don't play an opening to create a passed pawn. Even if there are lines that create passed pawn your opponent can side step them and the goal of the opening is never the passed pawn anyway. …

Roper300
General Chess Discussion - Why would white opening with e3 and then f4 be a bad opening?#19

You have to be an idiot or a total beginner to get mated in 3 moves. I don't need to post defeats for the simple reason that I never claimed the opening wins. All reasonable openings, even some not so…

Roper300