lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:AKChess600"

294 forum posts
Community Blog Discussions - Should You Have a Rating Goal?#11

I started playing games without deeper knowledge and reached a plateau at about 900 points online rating. My final goal back at that time was to reach 1500 online rating in rapid chess. To gain 600 po…

AKChess600
General Chess Discussion - How do you visualise chess positions?#35

I cannot visualise a chess board in my head (at least correctly) and no chance for me to see pieces with their attacking squares and moving them around in my head, so my calculation is solely based on…

AKChess600
Community Blog Discussions - Is Chess A Waste Of Time?#43

Is Chess A Waste Of Time? Absolutely! But only if you aren't born with chess talent. The time you need to invest (to get better of course) bears no relation to the outcome. Look at it this way. Maybe …

AKChess600
Community Blog Discussions - Pillsbury wins with the Pillsbury Attack in 26 moves#7

I thought the same "black can simply exchange", but then I learned, that the exchange of knights would be good for white, because with white you take back with your pawn and gain "more space". It depe…

AKChess600
Community Blog Discussions - Pillsbury wins with the Pillsbury Attack in 26 moves#5

@WeRtYyUi said in #4: > isnt the f4 move he played in the game to support the knight is called "posting up"? The Knight on e5 sits not on an so called "outpost", since the f6-Knight could move and f6 …

AKChess600
Community Blog Discussions - Pillsbury wins with the Pillsbury Attack in 26 moves#3

It is interesting to see the strong idea of Ne5, f4 and Qf3-Qh3 in action (which is a well known simple plan in some Colle-Zuckertort-style setups which I learned recently). Thanks for sharing :) Qf3-…

AKChess600
Community Blog Discussions - Does bullet chess make you better or worse?#23

Does bullet makes you a better player? In my personal opinion it depends strongly on your playing strength. If you are a amateur chess player (like me) but are a fast thinker (unlike me), then it woul…

AKChess600
[You can't access this team forum post]