lichess.org
Donate

why am i on a long loosing streak??

@ZachLuzhin

I have got a perfect example for you that I played 3 days ago

In this game I was black. I was well developed and at move 13 my opponent plays d5 which gives me a free pawn. Around 1700 or 1800 elo if you lose a piece quickly and there is no counterplay people surrender (So I cannot find easily a game where it happened) But for one pawn they continue because they can have something you know.

Here with only one more pawn I did exactly the same plan as I told you. "When ahead never afraid to trade"

First develop your pieces, I tried to see if there is no tactic then I exchange everything ... and in the end I put my king in the center so does he. i had one more pawn, sometimes it is not enough to win but in king and pawn ending often !!!

In the end i give him back that pawn to queen

Here another game where I won. I had a better pawn structure so i took one pawn for free then I exchanged queens to go in a favorable endgame ...

The more you climb the more people know how to control a winning game and to transform it into a victory. So even with one more pawn you must be precise until the endgame. (Your opponent will know how to draw or will be difficult to kill^^)

The best way to have a better transition form middle game to endgames is to study endgames.

First everybody began by knowing how to mat with a king and a queen vs a king. then when you master it you know that if you have one pawn that can queen you win... So you must work on pure endgame and it will help you to assess if you have a favorable endgame => so you can trade pieces or you need to keep them
1.) First of all, I suggest to play rated games. You will lose a couple of games first until you hit your "true" rating, but when you are getting better you will see your rating going up.

2.) Keep playing longer time controls.

3.) Do not blunder, every time you lose a piece or go down a exchange without compensation, you are losing (if the position was equal, few(!) exceptions aside). You do not have to find the best move every time, but you should find a move which is not a blunder. Before you make a move, check what your opponent can do in this order:
- Check
- Capture
- Threats (e.g. forks)
You can allow him checking you or capturing a piece, but you have to make sure, that you can recapture / defend the check without him getting an advantage.

Then simplay find some moves which prevent him from getting an advantage (that is why you have to look for his good moves first). After that pick a move which gives you the best advantage (development, threats, etc.) If he does not threat anything to you, look for threats you have yourself. Before making a move, check that you do not weaken anything (protected piece etc.)

Like mentioned above, you should only check the opponent if you gain an advantage, checking does not provide an advantage itself.
Enable move confirmation and check for blunders before confirming.
Whenever you lose a game, stop playing and analyse it thoroughly.
I reviewed some of your games and you lose because simply you miss threats and simple tactics.

That's the reason for the streak, so indeed the way to avoid it is keep practicing until you develop a strong sense of what's the intention of your opponent. After every move you must think "what's my opponent trying to do?" and also "If I do this am I in danger, do I lose a piece? Do I get checkmated?" again after every move.

Think before moving, practice that for 100 games and eventually the losing streak will come to an end.

Good luck!
Dafug #6?
It's more relevant for me to ask that now but i blame it on my no-mouse bullet streaks

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.