lichess.org
Donate

once again lichess' asinine insufficient material rule comes about

Yes, increment is a fine suggestion, I don't know why I don't like playing with it but I should get used to it. And thanks for the tip about playchess and chess24. I still think it's a really bad rule but, I guess that says more about what I was used to. For a long time the US servers were the only ones around and like I said, I got in the habit of just snatching up pawns to ensure a draw, it was as normal as breathing. :)

Someday you all will be old like me, and when the world changes around you you'll think it's wrong just because it wasn't what you were accustomed to. I apologize to lichess for wasting their time on this.
its possible to checkmate your opponent. example white kg6-nf7\black kh8 ng8 qh1
"asinine insufficient material rule comes about" OP

What he OP fails to comprehend (as do many others) White HAS sufficient material to checkmate because Black has material. If Black simply had a lone King ... then the game is a draw.

You can not make assumptions that the opponent will not blunder. The flag fell. Game over.

'
Oh for crying out loud, I comprehend it perfectly well, dude. Read the whole thread. I think punishing a player for having too much material is silly but I already admitted-- oh whatever.

The language of USCF rules is or used to be "insufficient mating material" which is why I used it. Not my language. Capiche?
I agree this rule is incredibly stupid. But blame the FIDE rule not the website. What if they decide to turn the 50 move rule into a 60 one? I would make me uncomfortable even tho there could be good arguments in favor of it(not saying there are).
I'd rather have this website stick to the stupid oficial rules than to invent their own ones just because of forum majority.
<Comment deleted by user>

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.