lichess.org
Donate

Predict lichess pairings for next round

Is it possible to predict lichess pairings for next round?

There are tournaments that lasts mulitple days. So theoretically it should be possible to predict next days pairings, is it possible? :)
I'm not sure, because lichess pairings are dependant on the tournament standing. I do not think that the pairings are set until the game results are in. So I think the answer is no, you cannot predict the next round before the current round is finished.

I am sure of this with Arenas. I'm looking around for how Swiss pairings are determined here.
I usually predict by looking if the person closest is in a game or not, If they are, it's not likely to get someone close to your ranking in the tournament, if they aren't, you will most probably get them
This would seem to imply that the Swiss tournament pairing algorithm for each round takes results from the previous round in account:

"Competitors meet one-on-one in each round and are paired using a set of rules designed to ensure that each competitor plays opponents with a similar running score."

Thus, predicting pairings while a round is in progress would be imperfect at best.
I think she means swiss tournaments @Fighter94.

People have some choices for the time to chose between swiss tournaments. Some people can make a 1 minute difference, others, maybe even 1 year! There is a special button in swiss tournaments settings that is called "Manually schedule each round", so you can make any time difference round.
Imagine we have tournament today and tomorrow it continues. Of course I mean predicting pairing when all games are finished.
And it is about Swiss and yes, it is about manually schedule each round.

So today 1st game of tournament has ended. Tomorrow is next game. I want to predict next games' pairing... :) If I have swiss manager (software for pairings used in tournaments) then I can create pairings and prapair for next day game, however, here in lichess I cannot? I have to wait till tomorrow when game continues.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.