lichess.org
Donate

Rating graphs older than 2 years are too imprecise now.

@philodendron68 said in #1:
> Why have the rating graphs been modified that are older than two years? They are extremely inaccurate now and even ugly. Many rating peaks and downs are completely abolished. Could that be undone?
no, it takes to reAnalyse dozens of games, You know, that analyses takes resourses, that's why they are restricted( 30 per day I think), even 2 years ago games, there was strong enough engines to see main mistakes, actually they were quite good even then. of course today engines surpasses them very much, but even 2 years ago engine is enough to study. so why not to pay your ofwn efforts, instead of critizising "old" engines, which non of Humans could beat even then?Besides very less human watch 2 years old games. if You want to reAnalyse them, it's very simpe to do- dowload all their moves from here, then reupload them here, as a New Imported Game, and Analyse It with current Engine
@aVague, I think you misunderstood the topic of @philodendron68 's issue. It is not about the engine, but on the graph in your profile page.

I don't think it is a matter of ressources in that case. There may be reasons, but I also understand why OP is not pleased. My top peak in the rapid graph was above 2000, but now the whoöe graph is below that limit. Pity, but then ... the rough up and down is easier to spot now.
@Sybotes said in #12:
> @aVague, I think you misunderstood the topic of @philodendron68 's issue. It is not about the engine, but on the graph in your profile page.
>
> I don't think it is a matter of ressources in that case. There may be reasons, but I also understand why OP is not pleased. My top peak in the rapid graph was above 2000, but now the whoöe graph is below that limit. Pity, but then ... the rough up and down is easier to spot now.
oh yes thx a lot, but what is problem with them, I don't understand?why should they be fixed or what? they re showing how rating has changed,I don't see problem with them
Hi @Sybotes, you are perfectly right. And I would be extremely annoyed when my best Rapid rating wasn't shown correctly any more (like yours of the 6th July 2021)! And @aVague, I recommend you to look on your Blitz rating profile, put your mouse pointer at the left blue end of the time lime below it. Then move the left blue end to the time before 2022 (so that you see a period longer than two years; the period from 2021 upto now)). Then you perhaps understand better what I mean. When you move the blue time line even further to the past, the rating curves become even more smoothed and inaccurate...
@philodendron68 said in #14:
> Hi @Sybotes, you are perfectly right. And I would be extremely annoyed when my best Rapid rating wasn't shown correctly any more (like yours of the 6th July 2021)! And @aVague, I recommend you to look on your Blitz rating profile, put your mouse pointer at the left blue end of the time lime below it. Then move the left blue end to the time before 2022 (so that you see a period longer than two years). Then you perhaps understand better what I mean.
I did that before, and how do You suggest to fix that then?
@aVague The smoothed rating profiles are not bugs that have to be fixed. They are changes by Lichess, which I wish to be made undone by Lichess.
Did You Guys ever play Forex or Binary market or whatever? this Graphs are similar to those, and I ve been playing and it doesn't made Me inconvinience. Main point is to watch not Local Rise and Fall, but main Flowing of rating during Big Time Perioud, it's importand to see main Movement trought the Years.
Oh Yes, and Also , if You want to see 2 years ago LOCAL movement, THEN JUST MOVE whole time bar to the left, not only IT's SIngle Edge!( You can move one Enge and another actually)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.