lichess.org
Donate

When they're hopless and just stop playing with 20 minutes to go

When they're on a hopless position and just stop playing, and you have to wait coz if you go then they'll make a move and put the clock against you... Write a story on the message board!

biennovato The Black Kingdom is mourning
biennovato Silence reigns in their streets and neighborhoods
biennovato For their beloved king is sentenced
biennovato Another King falls in this horrendous war that's been going on for centuries between the Black and White Kingdoms
biennovato When will this carnage end? Who knows?
biennovato The clock keeps ticking towards fate; Oh cruel fate!
biennovato In his last moments the King of the Black Kingdom recalls those he executed... "So this is how they felt?" He thinks
biennovato No Bishops (literally bishops had been captured) around so he can confess his sins, not even such consideration is granted... For he was alike!
biennovato A mercyless conqueror in the lands of the White Kingdom
biennovato 4 minutes til execution
biennovato He recalls the beautiful prayers his mother taught him as a child... It has been so long since he last thought of them
biennovato How comforting those prayers were
biennovato God shall not abandom him, unlike his 2 generals sitting like ducks, and his Queen eager to become part of white King's Harem
biennovato 10 seconds
biennovato 5 seconds....
biennovato And obscurity
biennovato and cold....
biennovato COMEEEE EAT, DINNER IS READY!
biennovato ok mom, I'm coming. Órale.

End of the story.
That's awesome! I wish there were something to be done about the people who do that but letting your clock run really is not against the rules so what are you going to do?
@NeverBeenTimid That's his Lichess name and I am pretty sure he just cut and pasted that text from the chat window where he was writing things to his losing opponent who was passive aggressively letting his clock run out rather than resigning.
@trickynick I checked all his games from today and nothing is in the chat - does anyone know if the players' chat shows up in the spectator's chat? IF not, maybe Lichess could make that part of a new update, maybe putting the player chat in italics or something.
@AREA11 Player chat doesn't show up for spectators, if you want to write something visible for the spectators use the whisper command. "/w my message to spectators "

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.