lichess.org
Donate

How do you change the annotation format?

I found the setting to change the figurine pieces to regular notation, but I can't find how to change the format so the comments are lined as opposed to paragraph form. I have a picture uploaded to explain what I mean. On the left is with another browser window logged off in the red rectangle. On the right in blue is what I see when I am logged in. I am trying to switch it from the blue format to the red format. Anyone know how? Here is the picture ibb.co/THPD8jV
seems to me that the one you are looking for is the main line (main variant) and the other layout is the one used when you force a variation line in a study (blue format)? right clicking on one of the moves in the variation line gives you an option menu to go on with that mpve as the main variant and then you come back in the layout (red format) in lined form. (sorry the explanation wording is a bit difficult)
@tigerprowl There is a keyboard shortcut method that is easy: Shift+I is the toggle for that. Also in the menu under the score. Turn on/off Inline notation.

Type ? for all keyboard shortcuts.

Edit: As far as I know, there is no way to configure the setting. It has to be toggled every time if it is not the way you want.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.