lichess.org
Donate

"You lost to a cheater. Refund 6 points in Blitz"

I met cheater in 1+0 min bullet. They must use Java script websocket or something. Otherwise it is impossible to manually enter moves.
It doesn’t matter how those few cheat, they get caught and are removed. Meanwhile we can continue our chess journey and enjoy. Cheers to some good chess fun!

-Jordan
@jg777 Agreed. Life is filled with people who bend and break the rules. Not condoning or endorsing the behaviour, just stating a fact. I'm confident the people who administer the platforms I choose to spend my time on are aware of this and dedicate serious resources to the very real problem so that the balance is, largely and eventually, restored. Certainly not perfect, I readily concede, but what is in life?

So you're saying they have a program that they can connect to lichess so it makes the moves for them? Couldn't Lichess block these programs, rather than try to identify the chearing after the fact?
How would Lichess detect javascript running on punters machine? Other than detecting super hoves and unnatural speed?
The program can pretend to be a User by sending requests in the same way a User would. What i find shocking is how fast these programs are that they can be used in bullet too
Statistically speaking, cheaters do not really affect your ratings that much relative to others. Everyone to some degree within your own rating band experience the same % of cheaters as you do. If you play and lose 1% of your games to cheaters, so does everyone else around your ranking. Lichess does a great job at removing cheaters. Report rather than rant - RRTR.

Instead of being angry at cheaters, pity them - if they are so impoverished of talent and so malnourished for recognition in their life that they have to resort to "beating you with an engine" to get some endorphins to feel good - then you are definitely better off. Remember, that not everyone was fortunate enough to be raised with a sense of decency and good sportsmanship.
@Ysharia

So far as I could tell, you were the only one ranting about cheaters, while complaining about ranters. I, for one, began by expressing amazement that one could cheat at blitz, and then curiosity as to why the programs cannot be detected. The contributions were informative.
@Ysharia completely agree about how everyone within the same playing pool is subject to the same phenomenon, so it doesn't affect the playing field in general. Some will just migrate upwards and be stuck in an endless "cheating-loop" which will eventually prevent them from improving.

@nayf I share your amazement and find it hard to believe this type of thing can't be blocked...I don't know the first thing about the technical side of this discussion, though. Socially, though, I think it is a non-issue for practical purposes. I'm confident the platform administrators do their very best and that is good enough for me.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.