lichess.org
Donate

Any game longer than 300 moves adjudicated as a draw?

One of the games I played recently ended in a draw when I made the 301-st move despite the fact that the last capture happened on move 278, there was no stalemate or 3-fold repetition and I had a rook on the board. Here is the game in question: lichess.org/UCVxn3Vu. I think it is rather strange that this deviation from FIDE rules is never mentioned explicitly. If you modify the rules, make that clear! A simple warning at move 250 would have been sufficient.
@GBA87 Trolling, really? I consider it a very poor sportsmanship to not to resign when you are dead lost. If my opponent is allowed to do stupid things, I should be allowed too.
I think not mating your opponent is poor sportsmanship and not resigning isn't. If someone doesn't resign he thinks that his opponent won't be able to convert his position for example by stalemating him. And that can happen, especially in bullet. By mating him you can prove him wrong and show that you are indeed able to convert your winning position. Not mating shows arrogance and disrespect towards your opponent because you believe you are so good you can do anything, you won't blunder and you can still win the game.
@inversed

I agree with @GBA87 and @Chillkroete77

If you show off because you got a superior position, and don't checkmate your opponent when you can and instead trying to continue the game endlessly, then you really deserve it.

Honestly if I was Mr1-Benz I would also block you. (not Lichess ban, individual user blocking that can be done by players)
I have played many games that turned from losses into draws because I have away all my pieces in the hope of a stalemate. There is nothing wrong with playing for stalemate and not resigning, @inversed. Just calmly checkmate them and move on to the next game. @Chillkroete77 and @AcademicNinja99 both make excellent points.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.