lichess.org
Donate

How much time does it takes to break +2000 in blitz

How much time does it takes a beginner player with rating of 1500 in blitz to get 2000 and what type of exercise routine and schedule need ? Thanks
How much time? Maybe 2 years, maybe never.
What type of routine?
The first step would be to reach >2000 in rapid, the second step would be to use the acquired experience to find the same sort of moves faster.
First train tactics to >2000 puzzle rating.
Study basic endgames e.g. with table bases. You should be able to win a won endgame or draw a drawn endgame on autopilot, i.e. without spending time on it.
literally I went from like 1700 to 2000 blitz in like 4 days by just playing 3+0 and nothing else and I’m not even joking
Anything is possible
Train tactics, openings and endgames and do some blindfold chess for the visualisation.
No one can answer this question, some need to work harder for that than others. Also depends on how intensively you work and how much you really want to become better and why.
#1 No one can tell you the amount of time it takes for you to break the 2000 barrier. It depends on how intelligent and worl you put in.
@JohnVll if you have a personal coach, it's much easier to break 2000. I want also to break 2000 this month.
#3 because you were actually at the 2000 level, not because you have improved in 4 days ;)
No but I can’t have been because literally I am terrible and was at 1800 level playing a lot of games most time and then took break because was boring decided to play loads of bullet, became good at ultra, then somebody told me to become good at blitz and I said no I’m 1800 because I had done nothing to improve but anyway I played some games and somehow got to 2100 which makes no sense.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.