lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:penandpaper0089"

42 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Why Bother With Blitz?#1

To me anyway it's just a game of who blunders last. I get a good position and just lose because my time is low and how good my position is doesn't matter anymore. I don't see the point in it unless yo…

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Do amateur players benefit from playing white? (Statistical analysis)#3

I always thought Black benefited more but maybe that's just me.

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Logo of 2018 chess WC has 6x6 board, and hold your breath, this is not the only problem with it...#27

“We rarely stop to think about the brand of the World Chess Championship Match..." That says it all really. I can't imagine the Olympics committee, FIFA or the NFL ever saying something like that.

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Will The Net Neutrality Repeal Affect Lichess?#77

@mdinnerspace So your defense is basically, 'it's bad so it won't happen.' That's pretty unrealistic. But I'm sure your argument is that the opposite is unrealistic. Except it isn't and in fact these …

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Queen's Gambit Declined 6.Bxf6 Wins?#4

Ah ok sorry! I must've turned on a filter by accident.

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - chess etiquette- rematches#57

5. Life Because people have stuff to do.

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Queen's Gambit Declined 6.Bxf6 Wins?#1

I was looking at this position (1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Be7 4.Nf3 Nf6 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bxf6 Bxf6) on chessgames.com and I found that the last 22 games that reached it are all White wins. What's going on here?

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Will The Net Neutrality Repeal Affect Lichess?#65

@mdinnerspace The internet is not a necessity or a right. Neither is a high school diploma. And yet you'd have a rather difficult time getting on without either. Is it possible? Yes. Is it preferable?…

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - Will The Net Neutrality Repeal Affect Lichess?#64

@mdinnerspace How would they be shooting themselves in the foot? There are plenty of places in which there is only one provider as an option. The free market does not exist for many as far as ISPs go.

penandpaper0089
General Chess Discussion - I'm good at tactics problems, but I suck at chess.#22

Are you getting worse? You've won like the last 10 games you've played. Anyway it doesn't look like you blunder much at all. But it does happen sometimes. In this game you played 7.Bf4 even though Bla…

penandpaper0089