lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:jzehner4192"

32 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Preparing for first OTB#24

Dear All, Just in case anyone was curious about the results of my first tournament, I put the four games in a study here: https://lichess.org/study/0cDcJLtL Overall, I feel good about how the tourname…

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - Preparing for first OTB#19

@ClaireWerk Hmm. Nice catch. I wonder if the rule is the same in USCF. Haven't been able to find it yet. I better make sure! Edit: I have confirmed that it is the same in USCF rules, but may have been…

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - Preparing for first OTB#14

@ruttuvaari Thanks for reminding me about the castling move rules! That will be an especially difficult one not to break, as I usually don't think about it. I am not even sure how I would do it if I w…

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - Preparing for first OTB#11

Thanks for your responses! @TrainingOTB Friday Night is blitz: 5-min, touch-move, no notation required. Saturday 'college section': 4-rounds. Swiss. 60-min with 5 sec. delay. (I have never played a cl…

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - Preparing for first OTB#1

Hey all, I am playing in my first OTB tournament this weekend, and I just wanted to ask what everyone does to prepare. I hardly ever play OTB. I am especially worried about breaking the 'touch-move' r…

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - an opening variation that computers can't understand#17

I don't really believe engines lose to the traxler, but I still would recommend it to lower rated players in blitz and bullet because it is loads of fun to play and very instructive--the early piece a…

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - Hit head glass ceiling ! Me ! Lol :(#8

Finally someone I can win against!

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - Player dont play both color#4

Why don't you just find someone else to play with? Or you can play in tournaments that would force people to play both sides.

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - opponent called me a pazer#20

It's difficult to find one with a nice ring to it... All I know is that my favorite players are Pushanathan Woodand, Garry Patzerov, and Bobby Fisher

jzehner4192
General Chess Discussion - opponent called me a pazer#18

@MeWantCookieMobile Now if somehow we could combine all three of those terms, I would have a new handle to go by... {Unfortunately, the name "Fatzer" is taken! haha}

jzehner4192