lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:cp560"

47 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Cautious Carlsen Sends World Championship Match to Tiebreakers#39

Karpov quite recently contented that today's super GM's just don't fully understand (Dvoretsky-style) endgames quite as fully as the Top players of yesteryear - like himself and Kasparov and many othe…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Cautious Carlsen Sends World Championship Match to Tiebreakers#23

I'd still think that tomorrow's 4 initial Rapid games will (or else could be) a serious coin-toss. Magnus's major advantage maybe only seen in full-on Blitz mode. Fabi quite very capable in Rapid stuf…

cp560
Game analysis - When Best Play Is a Blunder#5

Quite beautiful this. A dance on the squares haha

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Ultra-violence fails to Break the London Deadlock#17

Game 10 was a singularly amazing game. The fantastically and utterly complex Sveshnikov Sicilian yet again on show. An amazingly complex and ultra-complicated opening. Ditto middle and endgames too in…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - No considered disrespectful in chess one observer/s watching very closely while you play?. Picture#6

If you play in Bundesliga or in any league set-up (local or national), then all members of your team (8 or 10 members strong mostly) and the opposing team too will constantly use their "off time" to j…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Caruana Piles on the Pressure But Fails to Break Carlsen#25

@OhNoMyPants I understand completely your many points, agree with very many of them too, also your strongly advocating a shake-up, like Fischer Chess etc is quite interesting too. At chess.com the ver…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Time managment in classical#12

Deep think the most crucial moments, like critical central pawn recaptures etc in the classical time formats. Very often though, your most productive periods might just come to you, when your own oppo…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Cool opening to learn for a kind of a new player?#3

4 knights stuff is always very playable. You could also explore 1.d4 and then just play the London system which is 2. Bf4. It almost does not matter what Black plays here. If you get faced with Bd6 in…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Why is bullet chess so difficult for me?#5

I'm also about FIDE 2080 in OTB classical Chess (across very many actual FIDE Tournaments) and am also very close to being a patzer in Blitz/Bullet and not ever above 1600 either. I just dunno here. A…

cp560
General Chess Discussion - Caruana Piles on the Pressure But Fails to Break Carlsen#20

@OhNoMyPants Well, both sides of the Chess colors in the computer age have no problems at all in analyzing countless sub-lines in their chosen openings. Just a mouse click (or 10 or 20) away these day…

cp560