lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:asdf5656"

284 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Force StockFish to try and win a drawn position (to learn drawn king and pawn endgame)#8

@Kostsov_Sasha said in #6: > I like the idea so if SF sees drawn/lost position he does not even try to win but the suggestion is that SF will always try to win If the position is drawn or lost, then i…

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - Warning. Letting time run out instead of resigning will result in a temporary ban.#9

It's just a warning and it's nothing to be worried about (unless you intentionally let the clock run out to grief the opponents). Don't take the message personally. #2 is right I like that Lichess has…

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - How do you react when you blunder?#41

It's so weird when the opponent doesn't see the blunder but instead reacts to my intended idea in a serious way, even taking a long time thinking.

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - I laugh like a maniac when someone makes a bad move and then they resign#6

I laugh when someone blunders during an opening. It is funny to me for some reason. It's like "thanks for the horse"

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - Rating: 1500? at the start for everyone?#4

It doesn't actually matter that much because the initial rating is analoguous to the "D" component in a PID controller, but if you want to nitpick about rating inflation and such, then we have to thin…

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - Worst opening?#6

The Latvian gambit. The only thing good about it is is that if White manages to lose somehow, it lowers his morale a lot.

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - How did they calculate that a queen was equivalent to 9 pawns?#9

9 is a heuristic. Mathematically, every position can only be a win, draw or loss. Your queen doesn't matter if your opponent can checkmate you on the next move. Finding good heuristics is a challenge …

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - What are the most annoying openings you wish to NEVER see again online/OTB ?#3

stafford gambit I might start playing 1.d4 solely because of this...

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - Could a 1500 beat Magnus#4

a 1500 has approx 1/2526 chance of beating Magnus. magnus has 2861 Elo 1500 + 1200 = 2700 if he were 2700 elo there would be 1/1000 chance but he has 161 more elo than that so multiple 1000 by 10^(161…

asdf5656
General Chess Discussion - Unable to keep openings in mind#3

Rather than memorizing individual moves, seek to understand the themes of the openings and why those moves are played.

asdf5656