lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:ace1886"

74 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Suggestion needed on where to learn a complete opening repertoire#2

I took a look through some of your games, and I honestly think you should be fine with them in longer time controls. If you really want to learn a different repertoire because you feel uncomfortable w…

ace1886
Game analysis - A magnificent study or how to lose a tempo in the oddest way#4

Amazing zugzwang caused by the knight on c6! Thanks for sharing this spectacular study.

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Made 1800 Bullet - First time Ever!! #6

No problem! If you're having success with the Nimzowitch defense, stay with it. @Kingscrusher-YouTube uses it frequently in bullet at a high level. A good video to start learning the London is GM Simo…

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Made 1800 Bullet - First time Ever!! #4

Congrats! If you're looking for a (relatively) quick way to boost your rating, learn your openings really well by memorizing the general plans behind them. This way even when you're taken out of theor…

ace1886
Lichess Feedback - When will Lichess finally make it possible to filter games by opening?#7

This is by far the #1 feature I would like implemented here on lichess. The move-by-move opening explorer (where you can play out a line of moves and see the winning/drawing/losing percentages fluctua…

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - black oppening on 1.e4#11

The flowchart mentioned above is somewhat of a joke. It has nice graphics but the information in it could be more detrimental than informative. Here is a sample line I took from the black perspective:…

ace1886
Game analysis - Why is this a losing position for white ?#7

Doesn't white win with Ke3 - Kf4 - Kg5?

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Super Grandmaster opens his youtube channel#2

Just watched the video titled "Fascinating idea in the "boring" well-known endgame." Very interesting and informative! GM Oleksiyenko does a great job covering all the variations and explaining the id…

ace1886
Lichess Feedback - Does lichess :music still work?#2

Click on your username, go to "sound" and then select "pentatonic."

ace1886
General Chess Discussion - Will my experiment work?#10

I remember in a presentation Josh Waitzkin gave he said he took a month-long break from chess, and when he came back it helped him look at the game in a new perspective. Granted, this was a complete b…

ace1886